Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Pendragon - Guardian of my Soul Album,,The Masquerade Overture (1996)''

Did you ever fly too high on the wings of hope? Did you ever realise that time was always on your side? Did you ever dive too deep into the sea of love? Did you ever break the bread? And was the madness only in your head? And guardian of my soul who carried me when it was cold And the thoughts that flew so high Feeling fearless feeling bold Did you ever fly too high on the wings of hope? Did you ever realise that the answers stood before your eyes? And guardian of my soul who carried me when it was cold (in times when I flew too close to the heart of the sun) And the thoughts that flew so high Feeling fearless feeling bold (at time when I flew too close to the heart) We had nights of magic in our eyes Days of thunder rolling by Feeling like we'd never die And guardian of my soul who carried me when it was cold (in times when I flew too close to the heart of the sun) And the thoughts that flew so high Feeling fearless feeling bold (at time when I flew too close to the heart) And the demons wake while the mannequin sleeps All the ticking and the tocking of the clock that weeps And the demons wake while the mannequin sleeps And I pray the Lord my soul to keep The wave of lust as always is the thorn that's in your side The whore of Babylon waiting in a doorway To mug you and your pride Judge jury and executioner all laughing in the face of trust Standing in the dock while the angry faces mock And strip you of all lust All your dreams and illusions now shattered Trampled under ...

No comments:

Post a Comment